Rules for Submission
Rules & Procedures for Submitting Problems
How submission works:
- You send me an ask (I’d really rather it was an ask and not a text submission; I’ll explain why in a second).
- I take your problem and turn it into one of the RnP pictures.
- I post the picture in the queue and add credit by linking to your blog in the caption (unless you submitted on Anon).
- I answer your ask to tell you the number of your Problem, so you can look out for it on my blog! (That’s why I’d rather it was an ask and not a submission, I can’t private-answer submissions).
- Even if you don’t see it on my blog right away, it WILL get posted, just wait for the number I sent you!
Rules for the Problems/Asks in general:
- I love getting your messages that are not Problems (for example, if you just want to say you love my blog). I read them all and try to send private answers to everyone. This means that if you’re on Anon and you’re just telling me you like the Problems, Thank You! I did read and appreciate it, even if you don’t get a response.
- If you and someone else happen to submit Problems that are pretty close to each other at around the same time, I’m gonna merge them into one and give you both credit for it :)
- I try to spread out the subjects of the problems (so I don’t have like 5 problems in a row related to mudding, for example), so if you submit a bunch that are different but all relate to the same thing, I’ll probably spread them out between other people’s.
- I might change the wording of your problem so it’s a little less specific/makes more sense, or correct your grammar/spelling. Sorry :)
- If you really want to just ask me a question, I’ll be happy to answer privately, but check the FAQ first :)
- If you send me anonymous hate mail, it gets deleted automatically. You’re wasting your time doing this; if you don’t like it, I really don’t care.
- Speaking of hateful messages, if you try to submit problems that are racist, political, or religious, I’m going to delete those too. Your views may not be the same as mine or anybody else’s, and I’d like to keep this lighthearted :)
Rules for Submitting Other Things
- I will take photos or videos of almost any country- or redneck- related thing you’d like to send me. Got a picture of yourself with that giant fish or buck? Sweet. Have a shot of that gorgeous sunset over your farm or town? Great. Did you wear a camoflague dress to Prom? Awesome. (If not, why the hell not?)
- Make sure there are no visible license plate numbers, home addresses (like on the outside of a house or a mailbox), … stuff like that. Blank out your plates before you send me a shot of your truck (assuming you can see the numbers through all the mud, that is). Store names/logos are okay.
- If the shot is of you and someone else, let us know which one is you and who they are (your boyfriend, cousin, mom…). (Especially if they have a tumblr; then give us their URL).
- Please don’t send me stuff that wasn’t taken by you or someone you know :) There are tons of pictures on tumblr that are just pretty pictures, I want to see YOUR stuff. The exception is things you pulled off Youtube - if there’s something super funny, like this for example, just provide me with the channel name.
- I will be posting these very few and far between! (Think like one every few days). If I get a ton of submissions, you might have to wait a long while to see yours. However, the more awesome or outrageously rednecky it is, the sooner I’ll probably post it ;) Keep that in mind.
Here’s what I Won’t Post:
- Anything besides a photo or a video
- Photos that were not taken by you or someone you know
- Videos that do not have credit attached
- Non-country or redneck things (duh)
- Naked/half-naked girls or guys or anything super suggestive (If you’re not sure, use the swimsuit rule: if what’s showing would normally be covered by a bikini or a pair of trunks, don’t bother send it). That being said, shirtless guys or girls in bikinis are okay.
- Anything really racist, sexist, homophobic, or religiously intolerant, or anything that might be seen that way (except the Confederate Flag). If you’ve got a swastika painted on your truck, that’s fine for you, but I don’t want a picture of it.
- In the same vein, I’m cool with swear words, but not racial or other slurs (“fuck” is okay, “n***er” is not).
- Random webcam pictures of yourself (even if you’re wearing camo or something). Get creative, show your redneck side!
- Photos of concerts you went to (unless it’s you at the concert - what I mean is, I don’t want a picture of whoever’s on stage).
- Videos that are just a song with lyrics, or pictures that are just the lyrics to a song, etc… The reason for #9 & 10 is that there are a ton of country music blogs already.
That’s all I can think of for now :) Thanks for reading all that! If you send me something that I have an issue with posting (for one of the reasons above or something else), I’ll always send you a message explaining why I can’t post it <3